Monday, February 20, 2012

Having fun.

You know that feeling you get when you hear something, see something, experience something that inspires you to the core?  Well I just got that feeling after listening to the band fun.'s debut album, "Aim and Ignite".  I mean, my God.  I hear ELO, The Beatles, Queen, Weezer, and Neutral Milk Hotel...but most importantly I hear a band totally finding a balance between those band and themselves.  I'm so excited and inspired that I don't know what to write...actually I just feel like anything I say won't properly convey the joy this album brings to me.  I feel like I'm way behind just discovering this band 44 minutes after midnight aka the day they release their second album.  Which is a great feeling and a blessing in disguise that I get to go pick up their second album later today and go into complete fun. overdrive.

This is as strong a debut as I've EVER heard.  This band is fearless, this band is the future.  The album is so damn powerful, and full of insane melodies, and inspiring lyrics.  I am so excited to discover this band.  I hope you discover them too, and are overtaken by the complete joy this album delivers.

Here's to all kinds of fun. in the future with this band.  I've been waiting for a band like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment